Go Back   MarcomCentral (PTI) and FusionPro User Communities > Software-Related Talk > FusionPro® VDP Creator

Notices

Old March 17th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Regular Contributor

Default Re: VPS

Yes, but I generally only use that as a last resort because I don't want my text to be compromised.
Old March 17th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Senior Contributor

Regarding transparency with the Adobe Creative Suite for print production, here's a PDF that discusses this a bit further with references to a whole bunch of other resources about working with transparency:

http://partners.adobe.com/public/asn...GetStarted.pdf

Hope there's some useful nuggets of info in here for others working with transparency.
Old May 11th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Regular Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhilger View Post
Ellie,

As Eric mentioned, the presence of transparencies in artwork (more often than not in the PDF background itself) can cause this printing issue. The reason for this is that the PostScript language (which most of the optimized VDP formats we output - including VPS - are based on) does not have a capability to express an element that has a transparency value.

The best solution is to flatten your artwork to remove transparencies either at time of creation of the PDF background (or other variable images that have the transparency) or on the background inside of Acrobat using the built in capability there.

A couple other options include looking for the setting on your Creo to enable PDF optimization. This will instruct the Creo to cache re-used objects in a PDF file that it processes. On the Creo simulator we have here, this is set by going to the Job Parameters screen for a given PDF, selecting the "Services" tab, and then setting the "PDF Optimization" setting to "Yes".

Alternately, PPML output from FusionPro should also process on the Creo as opposed to VPS.

Hope one of these options works for you.
I was experimenting with a PPML file today and it is going to save the file with a .zip extension. Will the CREO recognize this?