Imposition variable pages per record

We are producing wristbands for convention delegates. 6000 delegates with 1 to 6 wristbands depending on which events they will attend. The printing stock has 12 wristbands per sheet. How can I successfully impose this? I can't see a workaround in FP Imposer since it asks for the number of pages per record and it will be different for each individual.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Is the entirety of what you're composing just a single sheet of wristbands? Are you trying to "gang" multiple records together onto a sheet? Are you just wanting to put two records' worth of wristbands (2 to 12 total) onto each sheet? Or are you going for an optimal "filled" output where each sheet (except maybe the last) is filled with 12 wristbands, even if they are from more than two records?

If you're really trying to squeeze all the wristbands onto as few sheets as possible, then instead of outputting records with varying numbers of pages (where each page is one wristband), you should consider outputting just one page (one wristband) per record, and repeating each record up to six times as needed. This will let you impose all the bands together, but you may end up with one delegate's bands being split up on multiple sheets.

In answer to your question, I am trying to fill sheets. For example delegate 1 will be attending 3 events, so these would take up positions 1-3. Delegate 2 is attending 6 events, so these would take up positions 4-9. Delegate 3 is attending 5 events, so these would take up positions 10-12, filling that sheet, then positions 1-2 of the next sheet, and so on for all 6000 records.

In answer to your question, I am trying to fill sheets. For example delegate 1 will be attending 3 events, so these would take up positions 1-3. Delegate 2 is attending 6 events, so these would take up positions 4-9. Delegate 3 is attending 5 events, so these would take up positions 10-12, filling that sheet, then positions 1-2 of the next sheet, and so on for all 6000 records.

Okay, so you want to do what I suggested in my previous post, and basically output just a single page per record, repeating each record as necessary. The way to do this is to set the FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordCount property in OnRecordStart, then you can access the FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber property to do something different for each of the events/wristbands for the delegate.