Can FusionPro handle layered Photoshop EPS files?

ReminderVDP

I haven't found anything on the user community related to layered images so I wanted to see if anyone had experience in or has tried to layer a Photoshop EPS and use it in a FusionPro layout and if it works.

We use full body photos on a front cover and front inside cover of our magazine and we used to use Darwin for composing the VPS files. We use an EPS file on the cover that is on top of a background image and use a TIFF file on the front inside cover with a white background because the background is white. We do that because the EPS files on the front inside cover used to give everyone helmet hair in Darwin. If we can use layered EPS files with a mask, we can fix the helmet hair. Let me know if FusionPro can handle and compose these files correctly or if it will not work.

Photoshop EPS files are not layered, although vector data is preserved. FusionPro VDP Creator v8 does not support clipping paths in Photoshop EPS and TIFF files.

FusionPro VDP Creator v8 supports a silhouette raster image on a transparent background in the following file formats.

PNG

Illustrator PDF

Photoshop PDF

InDesign PDF

There may be others.

Also, page 117 in the FusionPro VDP Creator User Guide:

Since FusionPro handles graphic transparency as either ‘ON’ or ‘OFF’, TIF and PNG images (which have varying levels of transparency) will be displayed as opaque if the transparency level is 70% or higher and transparent if the transparency level is less than 70%.
Edited by David Miller
Photoshop PDF is supported.

Photoshop EPS files are not layered, although vector data is preserved. FusionPro VDP Creator v8 does not support clipping paths in Photoshop EPS and TIFF files.

FusionPro VDP Creator v8 supports a silhouette raster image on a transparent background in the following file formats.

PNG

Illustrator PDF

InDesign PDF

There may be others. Interestingly, transparency in a Photoshop PDF isn't supported.

Also, page 117 in the FusionPro VDP Creator User Guide:

I've just finished testing each format and I can confirm that Photoshop PDF transparency does in fact work. I used a file with 2 transparent layers and it composed and printed perfectly using FusionPro Designer 9.03