Variable graphics not showing up in preview

Danovh

The variable graphics are not showing up in Preview Template, but show up in a PDF or VDX file. anybody else have this problem?

FusionPro Desktop 5.1P2b, Acrobat Professional 8.1.6, Power Mac 10.4.11 Dual 2 GHz G5

What graphic elements are missing? How are they being used, where are they coming from, are they being uploaded, is this a desktop or web application? I need a little more explanation as to what's occurring so we can solve this issue.

As posted, I'm using FusionPro Desktop Mac 6.0P1f.

It is a variable graphic field. The Graphic resource was created via Input Options. The Datafile refers to the graphic resource. The file (tried PDF [bitmap], JPG & Tiff with same results) exists on a network resource. I will be posting this to Printable shortly as a template with User Upload for the graphic field. It will be interesting to see the results there. If it doesn't work on Printable, I've got a major problem.

Please send your zipped template to Tech support so we can take a look at this along with the Store name and product ID that this will be assigned. We need to see if you are referencing this graphic file in a rule or simply by inserting the variable into the layout. Then we can see why the graphic file is not being returned. Thanks.

Andy,

Looking at the file, I see the translation graphic show up for record 1 and 4 so not sure why you do not see it. It does not appear on record 2 and 3 because the graphic hole is empty. Are you seeing nothing on page 2 in your template, which would be the translation graphic? Have you uploaded this to the Manager yet and if so what is the store name and ID? I see nothing wrong with this preview.

Eric

Andy,

I did notice that your resource names differ from the resource file name in the template. A good form of practice when bringing in graphic resources is to use the add multiple button even if it is one graphic file. This ensures that the resource name and the file name stays the same. This can sometimes cause preview issues but again it looks fine on my end.

Eric,

I only needed it in 1 or 2 pages for test. It did not show up in the Preview on either 1 or 4. Composing produced a correct PDF, with the graphic, although it showed this error:

"There is no graphic resource named "", as requested by..."

(Note: I also get an error about the Humanist777 Bold Font, but it also composes correctly.)

It will be in my ITT store but does not exist there yet as I have a great deal of other work in front of it as I build this store.

I have now created the template in my ITT PrintOne. The results are a disaster! I first used a TIF. The High Res preview shows the Graphic overlaying the text on the front of the card (it belongs on the back). The resulting PDF proof has the graphic partially showing where it belongs, on the back of the business card, and fully showing, overlaying the text on the front of the card where it doesn't belong. I tried again with a PDF graphic. Similar result except this time in addition to the extra placement on the front, it shows correctly on the back.

Andy,

Andy,

The error message is referring to the 2 records, record 2 and 3, that do not have a value for the field "translation". It is not displaying an error for record 1 and 4. This is more of a warning than an error.

Fonts - if you are using a font manager, be sure if you have activated Humanist777 Bold first then load the Font into the Acrobat directory, see below.

Menu at top > FusionPro > Advanced > fonts > Load New

As far as preview, not sure there as Karen and myself see the images just fine. You may reboot or reinstall if you have upgraded recently. Also, be sure to view our online movies covering certain aspects of template building to help you in prepping your files.

http://www.printable.com/self-guided-tutorials/

Hope this helps!

I understand but find it odd that composition will display an error for records that it is not composing.

I've tried various strategies with the font, although it always composes correctly, it always displays the error messages. I think that this is a flaw in FusionPro.

First chance I get I will uninstall and reinstall FusionPro to try that solution.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
OK. Reboot was no help. I've now completely uninstalled FusionPro and re-installed it. The situation has actually gotten worse! Now even the type boxes are not showing the Preview. Further, when I compose the back side of the card which has the graphic, part of the background graphic disappears (not overlayed or in contact with the FusionPro graphic box at all). When I compose with no graphic available the background graphic is entirely visable.

While Compose can find the graphic via the added resources, Preview needs its own path set.

Go to Compose -> Advanced Tab -> Search Path. Enter the path to the folder where the graphics reside. Click Save at the bottom and Cancel. The graphic should preview now (although not necessarily a "great" preview).

"There is no graphic resource named "", as requested by..."

sorry to stick my nose in, but wouldn't this indicate a graphic rule returning an empty string? I would check your rule in the case that no graphic is being returned and be sure it returns a case of null resource. that should clear up this small issue.

Archived