Specify Color for Crop Marks

DSweet

Hello again. Have a situation where I need to color the crop marks. We have a job that is going to our HP Indigo and is supposed to be a single color of PMS 281 C. The artwork in Acrobat is that color and I can specify the color for any variable type to be that color, however when I impose it the only colors that I can force via the imposition tool is either the default (all four registration colors I believe) or simply solid black? This will cause our click charge to be 2 colors instead of just the single color of PMS 281 C. Normally the charge difference is minimal, but this run is 200,000 pieces and that difference is in no way minimal.

Is there anyway of forcing the color of the crop marks in the imposition tool?

Thank you.

Is there anyway of forcing the color of the crop marks in the imposition tool?

Not to my knowledge. We've run into the same limitation as well and ended up using a Pitstop Pro action to convert the color of the crop marks before it got to press. You might find that you're able to map the black separation to your spot color at the Indigo, though, and you might be able to set up a hot folder/ticket template to do it for you automatically for repeat jobs.