FP VDP Creator 9.2.26 Mac Issues

I installed VDP 9.2.26 a couple weeks ago. I found out quickly that it is not backwards compatible and had to upgrade all my seats. I found out the API (Server) was not compatible so I had to upgrade that as well.

This would be fine if I didn't get Critical Errors on every PDF, unknown errors trying to save files, corrupting PDFs and crashing.

I have Pitstop 12 installed as well, but I already had it installed with the previous version of VDP without any issues. Other coworkers are having the same issue with 9.2.26 as well.

I have not seen anyone else post about this so I thought maybe it was an internal issue, but the errors seem to all stem from VDP 9.2.26. I don't want to downgrade because I have already saved many templates in 9.2.26 and they won't even open in 9.1!

Edited by Dan_Sutton

I installed VDP 9.2.26 a couple weeks ago. I found out quickly that it is not backwards compatible and had to upgrade all my seats.

What exactly do you mean by "not backwards compatible?"

I found out the API (Server) was not compatible so I had to upgrade that as well.

The version of FusionPro VDP Producer API (FP Server) used to compose jobs must be the same or newer than the version of FusionPro VDP Creator (FP Desktop) used to design the templates. This has always been the case.

This would be fine if I didn't get Critical Errors on every PDF, unknown errors trying to save files, corrupting PDFs and crashing.

I'm sorry you're having trouble. If you can provide specific information about exactly what problems you're having, and exact steps to reproduce them, including any relevant collected templates, fonts, and crash reports generated, along with the specific versions of FusionPro, Acrobat, and your operating system, and send that info to FusionProSupport@PTI.com, it will be looked at closely.

I have Pitstop 12 installed as well, but I already had it installed with the previous version of VDP without any issues. Other coworkers are having the same issue with 9.2.26 as well.

We are currently working with Enfocus to resolve conflicts between their PitStop plug-in and our FusionPro plug-in. So far, our investigation shows that the problems are in the PitStop code, and can't be fixed in FusionPro. Please contact Enfocus and ask them about the status of a fix from their end.

I have not seen anyone else post about this.

Posts such as this one, with detailed information, are much more useful to us:

http://forums.pti.com/showthread.php?p=14850#post14850

so I thought maybe it was an internal issue, but the errors seem to all stem from VDP 9.2.26. I don't want to downgrade because I have already saved many templates in 9.2.26 and they won't even open in 9.1!

Sorry about that. The newer templates have information in them that we didn't predict when we were developing older versions.

We have a new build with fixes for many of the issues reported in 9.2.26 in QA testing right now. It will hopefully be released very soon, and I think it will help with most of the issues you allude to, although without more specific information about the problems you're having, I can't be sure.