2 issues, 1 font, 1 textwrap

erikpfa

I currently have two issues going on in a document.

The first is a textwrap issue. If I am wrapping around a text box the line that it starts and ends at has an extra half space.

The other issue which is more important is a font issue. The client is requesting courier new. I have the font loaded and have tried reloading it. What it is doing is printing the correct characters but not keeping them mono spaced. Any ideas on how to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Please make a separate thread for each issue, to avoid ambiguity in follow-ups by people saying they are seeing the same issue. Which of the two issues is that?

Also, if you can provide any more details about each problem, such as a screen shot or a minimal job which reproduces them, that would be helpful.

I can see where that would be confusing. Sorry about that.

My issue is with Courier fonts. The characters in the font seem to space correctly but the space between words is smaller than it should be.

I am using Fusion Pro v5.1P2c and Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional.

Attached is a pdf that shows the issue. Notice the address block spacing vs the body of the letter.

Let me know if you'd rather have this in a separate thread and I'll create one.

MW_55568_Maj_Sig-Output.pdf

Jeff,

I just finished a job using courier new and saw the same issues. I resolved it by going into the global settings in the text box under paragraph formatting and changing the optimal word spacing to 250%. That set up my variable font to read almost exactly like the static font on the job I was working on.

Not sure if this will work for you or not.

Thanks Lester!

Your suggestion will work for this particular job.

Not a perfect fix since it's a global change it will affect all text boxes in the job. I have another mailing coming up that uses Courier and Times in 2 different text boxes and the global change will affect the Times spacing as well.

• 5 years later...
I can see where that would be confusing. Sorry about that.

My issue is with Courier fonts. The characters in the font seem to space correctly but the space between words is smaller than it should be.

I am using Fusion Pro v5.1P2c and Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional.

Attached is a pdf that shows the issue. Notice the address block spacing vs the body of the letter.

Let me know if you'd rather have this in a separate thread and I'll create one.

I am having this issue now, and changing word spacing is not a solution. It appears to me that FusionPro is not using Courier's space character, nor respecting the mono-space font metrics. Please help!