Sequetial Numbering in yellow with Black outline

PMKoenig

I have a customer who would like to have a form numbered sequentially in yellow with a black outline. I can do the numbering in yellow, but I have no idea how to get the black outline. Can I even do this? Right now I am changing the color in "FusionPro / Advanced / Colors". Here is the rule that I am using for the numbering. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

var start = "1000";

var LeadingZero = "0000";

new_val = start-1

return '<z newsize="250"><setwidth newsize="130">' + FormatNumber(LeadingZero, new_val + CurrentRecordNumber());

If all that's in the entire text frame is the number, then this is really easy. With that frame selected, go into the Text Frame Properties palette, click the little button at the bottom that looks like a "T" with a magic wand (the "Advanced Text Effects" button), then check the "Stroke" box, and select "Outline with color" and click OK.

If you want to apply stroke to only a particular bit of text in a frame, you can use the <stroke> tag; see the Tags Reference Guide for details.

:confused: HELP!!! Well, I have just noticed an issue. The text boxes for the numbering sit on top of a graphic box. Now everything in the graphic box also has a stroke on it.

I was soo happy for a moment - any thoughts on this one??? Thanks in advance!!!

Edited by PMKoenig

This morning I removed the stroke from the test boxes and changed my rules to look like this:

var start = "1500";

new_val = start-1

return '<z newsize="65"><setwidth newsize="42"><color name="Yellow"><stroke color="Black" width="25">' + FormatNumber(LeadingZero, new_val + CurrentRecordNumber());

It is still messing with the background graphic box. Help!

:confused: HELP!!! Well, I have just noticed an issue. The text boxes for the numbering sit on top of a graphic box. Now everything in the graphic box also has a stroke on it.

I was soo happy for a moment - any thoughts on this one??? Thanks in advance!!!

What version of FusionPro? I think this may be fixed in the latest build. EDIT: This is fixed in FusionPro VDP 10.0.16 and 10.0.26.

This morning I removed the stroke from the test boxes and changed my rules to look like this:

var start = "1500";

new_val = start-1

return '<z newsize="65"><setwidth newsize="42"><color name="Yellow"><stroke color="Black" width="25">' + FormatNumber(LeadingZero, new_val + CurrentRecordNumber());

It is still messing with the background graphic box. Help!

Add a closing </stroke> tag at the end.

Edited by Dan Korn
Added fix version.

I will be the first to admit that I don't know JavaScript. But this is what I changed it to and it still is messing with the background graphic. Sorry to be such a pain, but this is driving me crazy! Thanks for any and all help!

var start = "1000";

new_val = start-1

return '<z newsize="250"><setwidth newsize="130"><color name="Yellow"><stroke color="Black" width="50">' + FormatNumber(LeadingZero, new_val + CurrentRecordNumber())+ '</stroke>';

I will be the first to admit that I don't know JavaScript. But this is what I changed it to and it still is messing with the background graphic.

You need to upgrade to FusionPro VDP 10.0.16 or 10.0.26, which has a fix for this very problem. Then you'll be able to just use the Text Effects dialog.