Email an output pdf file.

DSweet

I've been asked to inquire about the ability of FusionPro (Desktop, Producer or otherwise) in any ability to automatically email an output file to a customer's address. I do know that PTI has partnered with Exact Target for the capability of doing mass emails but I recall that there is a checkbox in the composition menu of the desktop version of FusionPro for an "email address". However this can only be activated when the box for "Use FusionPro Producer on Scheduler" is checked. When I check that box (even though we do have Producer available to us) another box comes up and declares that the connection to Producer has failed. Has anyone ever used that functionality to send an output file to a specific client's email address? Or has anyone ever been able to figure another way to automate emailing of output from FusionPro Producer (API) and how do you variable program the email address?

Thank you for any help that you can give.

The integration with Exact Target is for the MarcomCentral web application, and has nothing to do with FusionPro VDP.

FusionPro VDP Creator (Desktop) has no capability to send an email.

FusionPro VDP Producer can send email for jobs composed via Producer. You first need to set up a "from" email address and account in the Producer Configuration on the server. If that's configured correctly, then you can check that box in the Composition Settings, and an email will be sent to the specified address when the job is completed.

If you're getting an error connecting to the Producer Scheduler, that has nothing to do with email per se. You may have the name or IP of the Scheduler wrong. Or the Scheduler may not be configured correctly. I recommend working with Support to troubleshoot that.

If you use FusionPro VDP Server, then you have more options. If you're using the actual Producer API Web Service, then you can configure email sending with the API itself, or with the Server Dashboard app, and specify the destination email address with each composition request. If you're using the Hot Folder system, you can configure email sending and the destination address for each folder with the Dashboard app. Or (as MarcomCentral does) you can implement your own email system in a web application which also uses either the Producer API Web Service or the low-level FusionPro.exe command-line interface. Again, I recommend working with Support.