I have a telephone format rule setup for my telephone field and have it so they cannot enter MORE than 13 Characters (ie. 1-800-123-4567).

If they enter LESS than 13 Characters, it populates the data they input. (ie. 1-800-123-456) which is incorrect.

I want an error message to appear stating that they must enter 13 Characters for the phone number and not populate the incorrect/missing telephone number.

I have a telephone format rule setup for my telephone field and have it so they cannot enter MORE than 13 Characters (ie. 1-800-123-4567).

If they enter LESS than 13 Characters, it populates the data they input. (ie. 1-800-123-456) which is incorrect.

I want an error message to appear stating that they must enter 13 Characters for the phone number and not populate the incorrect/missing telephone number.

Where exactly do you want an error message to appear, and in what context? Where is the user entering the data? Is this in MarcomCentral, or some other web-to-print system?

I would want a pop up to appear. (Same as if you did not fill in a required field upon previewing a template) see attached screenshot.

The user would be entering their data in a text field.

Again, what web application is this that you're showing me a screenshot of?

If the web application honors FusionPro's HTML Form Definition (Web Collect) feature, then you may be able to define a Data Pattern for the field. But it all depends on whether and how the web application on the other end handles the Form Definition. If the web app in question doesn't honor the Form Definition or the Data Pattern, then there's nothing you can do in FusionPro. In that case, you would need to contact whoever maintains that web app. If it's your own custom web app, you may need to write some validation code yourself, probably in client-side JavaScript.

But it all depends on the web application, which is why I'm asking what web app you're talking about.

I'm using MarcomCentral Manager and utilize FusionPro VDP Creator 8.2.7 in my template.

I have a formatted text rule for the telephone field that will format the numbers to "." instead of "-" (ie. 1.800.123.4567) as per my clients corporate standards.

If the user enters less than the appropriate amount of numbers... the typed in data will populate as is (1.800.123.456) or (1800123456) which is not correct and it does not inform the user that the inputted data is not a vaild phone number.

I'm using MarcomCentral Manager and utilize FusionPro VDP Creator 8.2.7 in my template.

Okay, thanks, I finally know exactly what web application you're asking about.

II have a formatted text rule for the telephone field that will format the numbers to "." instead of "-" (ie. 1.800.123.4567) as per my clients corporate standards.

If the user enters less than the appropriate amount of numbers... the typed in data will populate as is (1.800.123.456) or (1800123456) which is not correct and it does not inform the user that the inputted data is not a vaild phone number.

If you want something to show up in the composed output from FusionPro, like a message in red in large text or something, you could do that with a rule in FusionPro.

If you want some kind of validation to happen on the web form in MarcomCentral before the FusionPro composition, that's a different question altogether. I don't know if it's possible. But the way to find out is to ask your MarcomCentral-specific question in the MarcomCentral forum.