Helvetica italic field is composing a straight Apostrophe

dmp

Hi there,

I am using Helvetica LT Std Italic with some fields and just the apostrophe is coming out straight instead of italic. I can type with that font in all italics just fine in other programs.

I've tried composing with the Limit processing to Latin-1 text checked and un-checked.

I've also tried reloading the font.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,

Mike

How are you entering the apostrophe into the data? Are you just typing it into the Text Editor? If so, it's probably just a straight quote instead of a curly quote. FusionPro's Text Editor doesn't do all of the fancy substitution of straight quotes to curly quotes that other text editing apps do. But if you copy-and-paste the text from any such app into FusionPro's text editor (or into a data file that FusionPro is using), and it has a curly quote, then FusionPro will compose a curly quote.

Hi Dan,

It's just a csv file that has a bunch of fields that have apostrophe's in it.

I tried a couple other Helvetica fonts with the same result, however trying gotham worked just fine. Is there a way I can denote curly apostrophe in a csv file?

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Dan,

It's just a csv file that has a bunch of fields that have apostrophe's in it.

I tried a couple other Helvetica fonts with the same result, however trying gotham worked just fine. Is there a way I can denote curly apostrophe in a csv file?

What's in the file is what's in the file. I suppose you could make a rule that replaces straight quotes from the data with curly quotes.

OK I tried switching to Gotham font and it did utilize the italicized ' so I thought it was the font again, but I tried different versions of helvetica (about 4 different versions Neue, Std etc..) and all the helvetica's did not utilize the italicized version T.T

I will try to convince the client to switch to Gotham, but hopefully we can figure it out seen as how helvetica is kinda popular and all ;)

Edited by dmp