FusionPro VDP Creator: JLYT has black background

havdp

We just recently upgraded to VDP Creator v8.0.13 and in the process installed on a new iMac (OSX 10.6.8). Our first attempt to compose a job was to open a job created in FP Desktop 7.1 and compose to JLYT for our Indigo 5000. This produced a page with a black background to the edge of the bleed and the page was duplicated to the right and down about 3 inches. When I opened another job and recomposed it to see if it was limited to one job, the second job had virtually the same results with different trim marks. The page from my first job was in my second job instead of the page from my second job. After restarting the iMac, I tried to recompose the second job. This produced the correct results for page 1 of the second job, but page two was identical to page 1 except for the variable text and graphics.

Trying to narrow down the cause. I went to the InDesign 5.5 file and re-exported from the FP window to a new document. I set the data file to none and composed it to JLYT with no imposition. This produced a single image of the page but still with a black background.

Composition to PDF is correct.

I just ran into something similar right now. We have postal indicia pdf (all vector) that has been used over and over on various print jobs. Today was the first run with that indicia out of FP8 and it was completely inverted with a black background.

We are also experiencing the rip hanging on the .jlyt extension. Change the file name to simply end in .jlt and it goes right through. It's really odd.

I can't imagine why this forum would NOT be the place to track these kinds of issues as I'm sure a significant percentage of users are composing to JLYT. Or at least have been. I have finally been successful in composing to HP PPML with this version and have revised my work flow accordingly. In this case, the reversed background was not an issue with HP PPML.

I can't imagine why this forum would NOT be the place to track these kinds of issues as I'm sure a significant percentage of users are composing to JLYT. Or at least have been.

We can't fix cases in the abstract. We need files. And sometimes we need to work with people and check settings on their RIP or get other specific information. Occasionally, we even need to work iteratively with customers to give them patch builds, have them try things, and repeat until the output is right.

Also, this is the user community, for users to exchange information. It's not a substitute for Support, nor a conduit to address questions directly to PTI. While some PTI employees like me do monitor this forum and attempt to answer questions, there's no guarantee that we'll be able to do so. Again, that's what Support is for. (And specifically, the people who know how the JLYT output format works, i.e. not me, are not regular visitors. Besides, I haven't really heard a question in this thread anyway.)

In short, we have a formal issue tracking workflow, which starts with Support, but this forum is not part of that.

So it's fine to discuss these issues on the forum, but if you want a bug fixed, Support is the way to go.