FP Direct Stalls

On several occasions our direct server has stalled when composing. Subsequent submissions to the server fail to even start after the stalled job has been cancelled and deleted. I hesitate to re-install because I don't want to reset all the queues. Is there a reason (common perhaps) this may be happening?

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the reply Dan. What I mean by "stall" is that the job "Complete" percentage as indicated by the FP Direct Monitor will stop after having steadily incremented. This behavior was not expected as the job composed properly via Fusion Pro Desktop. After cancelling the "stalled" job, subsequent submissions of the same job (or use of recompose via FP Direct Monitor) do not surpass zero percent complete.

-Tony

This happened to us on the 8.0 Direct also a few times. We ended-up re-booting the server, doing a complete un-install under the ADMIN login, emptying trash, re-installing, and adding a few other ICC profiles in the NORMALIZER(this helped us on a few 4555 errors)

So far, no jobs have just "stalled." We are just now getting the error 4555 from time-to-time. Not a big-deal, just have to re-process the job and it always processes fine the 2nd time.

We have updated the C++ runtime library on the server after seeing "SxS" (Side By Side) errors in the Windows Application Log in proximity to DL Scheduler events and concluded that they may be related. After rebooting, things seem better. If the stalling reoccurs, I will post back here.

Thanks for the feedback.