dlpdfdocwritepdf error

Not my day today...Hopefully the last question (of this job :))...

I'm getting the error "dlpdfdocwritepdf, progress Doc->PageCount is zero error" on record 1 of the uploaded template. I've read this is caused when a job doesn't generate output. It works fine for record 2 (and all other records in my live data) and the only difference is the large amount of pages that will be produced in record 1 (about 56). It always throws the error on page 36.

Could be related to my OnPageCount and OnPageNumber rules?? I don't think I have these set up right, but they're working. Although they may be sloooowing down my composition the way they are.

FYI - I tricked the file uploader and put a .pdf on the end of the "Standard Letter Fee Schedule Discount June 27 mailing_r1.pdf" it should be .txt. - My file size was too big as a .txt :)

Once again, thank you all for your help!!

test_template.pdf

Standard Letter with Discount Fee Schedule June 27 Mailingr3.txt

Standard Letter Fee Schedule Discount June 27 mailing_r1.pdf

fperror.jpg.ee2459746bb5043fa495126e5d5b56f8.jpg

Thanks for trying that Don.

I'm going to assume it may be a memory thing then, I guess, because I can compose all the other records (with smaller page counts) with no problem. I'll be tackling it again in the morning.

Thanks again for your help!

Thanks Dan.

First thing, I'll update to 9.2.

I did think tables at first, then decided on tabs because I am more familiar with them. What makes tables better than tabs? Would tables speed up the composition also?

Since you guys were able to compose without any problems, it leads me to believe it's not a FusionPro issue (if it still doesn't work after updating). I'm going to clean out some temp files on my computer. If no luck, I'll rebuild as tables. I've got to start composing early tomorrow, I'll figure something out. Thanks!!

I did think tables at first, then decided on tabs because I am more familiar with them. What makes tables better than tabs? Would tables speed up the composition also?

It would probably speed things up a bit. Resolving tabs is not the most efficient operation in FusionPro. Also, you have to make sure that you have exactly the same tab stops in the paragraph on the Overflow page as on the Body Page (although you could set the tab stops in markup too). Tables also give you more options for formatting, with cell borders and shading and such, as well as repeated header rows.

Since you guys were able to compose without any problems, it leads me to believe it's not a FusionPro issue (if it still doesn't work after updating). I'm going to clean out some temp files on my computer. If no luck, I'll rebuild as tables. I've got to start composing early tomorrow, I'll figure something out. Thanks!!

That sounds like a good strategy. One thing to keep in mind, though: If you save your jobs in FusionPro 9.2, then you won't be able to open them with older FusionPro versions.

Edited by Dan Korn
typo