View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2018, 06:03 PM
Senior Contributor

Default Re: Switching pages with on record start

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdellaiera View Post
I don't just have 3 pages of the specific sizes (18x12, 60x30 & 72x36), but 9 pages, one for each size and style due to text frames being completely different throughout.
Yes, I know. But you only have 3 size options. The switch statement determines which size to use. From there, the style is appended to the size to create the page name.

Quote:
The years will only be entered in values between 1-5, 10-15, 20-25 or 30 +, none of the in-between values.
Are you saying that the value of the "Years of Service" field is a string value representing a range of numbers (like "1-5") or just that the user will never enter a number outside of those specified ranges (like 6)? The latter of which shouldn't make a difference and the code should still work. But, if the values are string ranges, you could modify the code like this:
Code:
var background = Field("Background") || 'Style 1';
switch (Field("Years of Service")) {
  case '1-5':
  case '10-15':
    size = '18x12';
    break;
  case '20-25':
    size = '60x30';
    break;
  default: size = '72x36';
}
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(background + " " + size, true);
Quote:
Each year range determines a size for the banner and adding the style from a drop down list would determine which page of the template to be used.

Does this make more sense?
Right, and again, that's what the code I posted is doing. It determines the size needed based on the "Years of Service" and adds the style selected from the drop down list to it.
Mac OS X 10.12

LinkedIn