I have been working on putting together a post card with both variable text and graphics. Having no problem with the variable text, however the variable graphics boxes are not functioning. Last week they worked fine. This week(I have not added or deleted any software in between) I cannot edit my graphics boxes. I can click on the text box and it brings up the text box editor but I can click on the graphic box that I created either in Indesign CS2 or within FP Desktop in AcrobatPro 7.1 and nothing happens. The box is described as a FP Graphic box. I have added graphics in the resources table. Any thoughts why this might have happened?

I pulled up the tutorial files included with the software as well and same problem-to rule out a bad file.

Thanks,

Jeff

AFAIK, unlike text frames, graphic frames have no editing window.

Let me explain:

Try closing all FusionPro floating windows. Then double click a text frame - that will bring up a floating window labeled "Text Frame". On it you can find (besides other fields) a button labeled "Edit Text..." - clicking it brings up "Variable Text Editor".

Close both of these windows and double click a graphic frame - a floating window will show up labeled "Graphic Frame". On that window you can assign a picture or a rule to the graphic frame and edit other params.

A.

Thank you for your reply, however that is not quite what my problem is. I understand that I can't edit a graphic and that is not what I am writing about. Currently on my system, I cannot pull up the Graphic Frame at all where I can assign attributes to that graphic frame or even tell it which graphics to put in there. I am thinking there is a glitch somewhere and was hoping that I did not have to reinstall the software to fix it.

Thanks,

Jeff

Thank you for your reply, however that is not quite what my problem is. I understand that I can't edit a graphic and that is not what I am writing about. Currently on my system, I cannot pull up the Graphic Frame at all where I can assign attributes to that graphic frame or even tell it which graphics to put in there. I am thinking there is a glitch somewhere and was hoping that I did not have to reinstall the software to fix it.

Thanks,

Jeff

This is one of the only apps I agree with uninstalling and reinstalling.. It is quite painless... try it, it can't hurt you... There's no penalty as in other apps..

Hello Jeff,

Not sure if you're uninstalled/reinstalled yet but if not, you might want to try resetting your FusionPro palettes.

Basically, the palettes can sometimes stray off the visible screen for a number of reasons. We have a capability to "reset" the position of these palettes to your current screen size which resolves this issue most of the time.

To reset the palettes, go to FusionPro -> Palettes -> Reset All.

Hope that does the trick.

Archived