Imposition Stack not working

rgreenidge

I am composing a job that contains 5,005 records. The layout is 2 up duplex. I have tried entering in a stack count and using the infinite stack and both options result in the last sheet backing up incorrectly. Is there something I am missing when I am creating the layout.

Thanks in advance.

Richard.

The most common reason is that the Stack option must always be the first assignment of the three drop down boxes in FPImposer. It must precede Horizonal (Printable's spelling; not mine) or Vertical entries.

If that's not the issue, then I'm guessing there is a problem with the number of pages per record your template is generating versus the number of pages you are assigning per record in your layout. Posting your template/layout file would help narrow down a solution in that case. :)

To keep from mistakenly putting the wrong number of pages in an imposition file I find it helpful to "load" the production pdf file into FPImposer. It will take care of bringing in the actual page size, bleed size, and number of pages for you.

This has saved me from making the wrong choices more than once.

Archived