Previewing Variable Graphics

esmith

I remember this thread from a few months ago, but everything was working fine for me at that time. But I have recently noticed that when I preview my templates, graphic resources are not displaying on screen. Composed output files are correct.

The only recent changes I can think of that may be part of the problem are:

1) I recently upgraded from 6.0P1e to 6.0P1f, and

2) I have been adding my graphic resources via the "Add Multiple" rather than "Add" button.

The only other change on my computer since previews were working was to add USPS Intelligent Barcode fonts (TrueType) to my System Fonts folder. Since the composition works, I have not done any real troubleshooting yet. When I get a moment, I may reinstall P1e to see if rolling back fixes my problem. The graphics I am using are static PDFs created in either Illustrator or InDesign CS4, but I am having preview issues with indicia graphics that I have been using since ver. 5 of FP.

I am running Acrobat 9.1.3 on a Quad Core Intel Xeon with OS X 10.5.7. I tried manually entering the source path for the variable graphics in the Advanced tab of the Compose dialog per a reply on the thread mentioned above (although why that would affect the preview is unclear), but that did not help.

Is anyone else (still) having this problem, or found a reliable solution for when it happened in the past?

• 2 years later...

For the record, this just happened again using FP 7.2P1d. Namely, variable graphics stopped displaying during previews, but composed correctly. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling FusionPro (I installed 7.2P1k the 2nd time) but still couldn't see graphics in Preview mode. Keep in mind that these are templates I had been using since 7.0P1d with no preview issues.

The only solution was to add the path name to the search field on the Advanced tab of the Composition dialog box. This allowed Previews to work again although I have never had to do this for templates previously and some templates still work fine without the added path.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I am running the newest version of FP and was having the same problem. Here was my solution:

If you copy your graphic files into the same folder on your computer as the template PDF file, then add them as a resource, they will show up in your preview.

It's almost like FusionPro has trouble finding things outside of the current folder.

I am running the newest version of FP and was having the same problem. Here was my solution:

If you copy your graphic files into the same folder on your computer as the template PDF file, then add them as a resource, they will show up in your preview.

It's almost like FusionPro has trouble finding things outside of the current folder.

I'll have to give that a try. Thanks for the tip!