Step and Repeat

sschardan

I just worked on a job that was a sheet of season tickets. Each ticket had the same section, row, and seat information that were all variable per sheet. Then each ticket had a different barcode to differentiate between the games. I had to go in to each individual ticket and set the section, row, and seat number variable fields every time. It would have been very nice to have set them once, then step and repeat them as necessary. Sure, I could have done a copy, paste, and re-enter the proper coordinates, but that was more of a pain than just re-setting the variables. Is there some hidden step and repeat function, or is there a plan to have this functionality in the future?

Thanks,

Scott

You can accomplish this task rather easily.

Fusionpro ships with the "FP Imposer". Configuring it is quite.

Simply launch "FP Imposer" from the following locations, platform dependent:

Apple Macintosh: "Mac HD : Applications : Printable : FusionPro : FP Imposer"

PC : Start >(All) Programs>Printable> FusionPro>FP Imposer

Then under the "Document" option, click the option for "Load". Navigate to the variable pdf you are working with.

FP Imposer will display the finish size and number of pages in the PDF.

Click "Press Sheet", select your Press Sheet size.

Click " Layout", and define your Imposition.

What you would do next is click on "FusionPro>>Compose". click the "Imposition " tab indicated

in this Composition Settings Menu. Navigate to the job folder where you saved the Imposition file.

Compose and see if the output meets your expectations.

regards,

Alex

Alex,

Thank you for your response. However, imposition step and repeat would not work for this job. My file consisted of 14 tickets on one sheet, each game with a different picture and text, and a second sheet with 4 additional tickets as well as season ticket holder information. These sheets are then being perforated so the end user can separate the tickets themselves. Any ideas?

Scott

Guest Unregistered
Your job could have been simplified if you created a simple one up ticket and used the FusionPro software to swap the images and impose it. Since it is already 14 up, then the previous suggestion may not apply.

• 3 weeks later...
If you design your layout in Indesign or Quark you can use their step and repeat functions to create all the fields for you. Then use the FusionPro plugin to tag the text boxes as variables and export to PDF. That would at least save some time.

Archived