Stack (Cut-N-Collate) of 2-side job

carlm

I'm having trouble setting up an imposition.

1) The data file has record pairs where the first record is "front" data and the next record has "back" data. This repeats until the end of the file

2) The PDF template has 2 pages named "Front" and "Back"

3) I have an OnRecordStartRule that is triggered with a side number. If the value is 1 then it is side 1 otherwise it is side 2...

if (Field("MultiItemID")=="1")

{

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Front",true);

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Back",false);

}

else

{

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Front",false);

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Back",true);

}

I'm trying to impose this as duplex in an infinite stack multiple-up (no duplicates). I get a variety of results including every even page being blank, A total page count that is odd so that the "back" of the signs on the bottom sheet appears on the top sheet, etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks! cdm

An update...since FP Imposer is record-based, I think this problem can be solved by consolidating the record pairs into what is effectively a single record. I've been doing some successful duplex testing this way.

I've read in the forums before about reading in alternate records and assigning the 2nd record to variables. In my case, the 2nd page would be populated by the variables fed from even records and the first page by odd records. But since FP-Imposer is record based, is this gaining me anything? Do I truly need to combine the data of the record pairs into a single record? THe problem doesn't appear to be FP itself but just in how the imposer works.

Any suggestions would be greately appreciated! Thank you cdm

Archived