compose via AppleScript

Hello

The dictionary of FusionPro shows a command which could be invoked. The syntax that the dictionary shows is:

compose v : Compose a document

compose alias : Format file to compose

[input alias] : Input file containing data for the composition

config alias : Config file to use

output file specification : Output file to create

→ integer : Return code from composition, 0 is success

I tried to invoke the compose command but always got errors. For me it isn't really clear how the syntax should be. Could anybody provide an example?

Thanks Heiko

I haven't seen this in the Doc, but I am highly interested in hearing someone putting it into use.

Would this accomplish the same thing as a batch process? We have a client who likes to break out inserts by a cell code and we can often have 70 files that have to be ran against the same template. I would be a huge time saver to be able to "compose a folder."

Exactly what errors are you getting? This works for me:

tell application "FusionPro"
   activate
   compose alias "Macintosh HD:Applications:Printable:FusionPro:Tutorial:FrodoTravel:frodo.dif" input alias ¬
       "Macintosh HD:Applications:Printable:FusionPro:Tutorial:FrodoTravel:frodo-InstanceData.txt" config alias ¬
       "Macintosh HD:Applications:Printable:FusionPro:Tutorial:FrodoTravel:frodo-InstanceData-Output.cfg" output ""
end tell

Also, you have to have a FusionPro Server (batch) license for this to work. It won't work with a Desktop license. You can find out what kind of license you have by choosing "About FusionPro" from the menu. If it doesn't include the word "Server," then this won't work.

Archived