Repeating tabs in <p> tag?

AndyShaw

I am trying to understand how setting tab stops in a <p> tag works. Specifically, I would like to know how to set a repeating tab stop in a <p> tag. The documentation briefly mentions that "repeating" is a valid value for the tabstops attribute, but doesn't explain how repeating tabs work. Can you provide some additional information or an example?

Thanks,

-- andy shaw --

-- nimblefish technologies --

I am trying to understand how setting tab stops in a <p> tag works. Specifically, I would like to know how to set a repeating tab stop in a <p> tag. The documentation briefly mentions that "repeating" is a valid value for the tabstops attribute, but doesn't explain how repeating tabs work. Can you provide some additional information or an example?

The easiest way to determine the proper markup for tagged text is generally to create a Formatted Text resource, then click the "View Source" button on the Resource Editor dialog.

In this case, you can simply click the "Tabs" button in the Variable Text Editor dialog, then click the "Change" button and set the value to, say, 1 inch, click OK until you're back in the Resource Editor dialog, then click "View Source", and you can see that the attribute looks like this:

tabstops="0;R7200,Left"

Of course, you can also set up whatever tab stops you want in the Edit Tab Stops dialog, then save them as a named tab stop style by clicking the "Save To" button, then you can just reference the named style in the attribute.

P.S. You should set up a signature block in your forum settings.

Archived