Variable type on a path

Jordanh

When i create a document in indesign cs4 and type a sentence on a curved path. I click "export as variable text frame" but when i export the document, that frame becomes static.

Does FP desktop not support variable type on a path?

Hello Jordan,

FusionPro does include the ability to typeset text on a curve but this uses a different underlying method than is available in InDesign. Therefore, text paths from InDesign will not export as variable text curve paths.

To create text on a curve, draw a "Text on a Curve" frame type in FusionPro Desktop in Acrobat. This is one of the 4 types of variable frames that can be drawn in the Acrobat tool.

hth

OK thank you for explaining it to me. I used the FP tool in acrobat and it works fine.

Another question: Can i make the text like 3d somehow on that curve?

Here is my idea.....A photo of a plane pulling a long red banner. The banner is waving in 3d and i want to be able to place variable text on the banner so it will look like it is actually on the 3d banner.

Is that possible? or do i have to use something like directSmile foor that application?

Thank you for you quick response.

Jordan,

The DirectSmile image personalizations apps are definately THE tool to use if you are looking for photo-realistic personalized imagery. Their image personalization technology was built specifically for this purpose whereas FusionPro focused on VDP document design and output.

However, one option with FusionPro is to apply a hard drop-shadow on the text. Not as elegant of a solution as what you can do with DirectSmile but it might serve your immediate needs.

Archived