Composing 1.3 Version Pdfs

Hello Again All,

I'm trying to output 1.3 Pdfs (Acrobat 4) as final compositions from Fusion and not having any luck. Fusion is yielding a 1.5 only.

I am setting up the Pdf presets out of InDesign (I'm aware that the last used preset for an outright Pdf export is the preset Fusion uses) as 1.3.

And choosing the Acrobat 4.0/5.0 compatible choice on the pulldown menu on the Composition Settings/Output Tab in Fusion.

Is 1.5 really the lowest Fusion is going to output as?

Thanks again. Love the new version and new features by the way. Thanks for all the hard work.

Is this correct?

I am setting up the Pdf presets out of InDesign (I'm aware that the last used preset for an outright Pdf export is the preset Fusion uses)

I was under the impression that FusionPro's InDesign plugin used embedded PDF job settings that could not be edited, and that these settings included saving PDFs in 1.5 format (thus no automatic transparency flattening).

I would love to use FusionPro's plugin functionality, but due to transparency issues, I think I am forced to export static PDFs through custom job settings, and then add all variable fields directly in FP.

This is one scenario where I would love to find out I'm wrong!

Page 113 of the User Guide: "When you export an InDesign file, FusionPro uses InDesign's PDF Export Preferences for color

profiles. While the default PDF Export Setting is set to the RGB color space, you can change the

export preferences to use either the CMYK space, a different profile or not to use any color profile."

Apparently the InDesign plug-in only takes the color mode info. from the Pdf Export settings?

Now I'm confused.

I thought you had to go to "Define" choose your setting(press quality, high quality, smallest file size, custom, etc...)

After you chose "Define," that applied the output setting for working with in FP or in Acrobat.

How would you work with color profiles/spaces, transparency/flattening, and resolution if you had no control?

Archived