Rule issues

cmwirish

Hi there,

I am using Fusion Pro Desk Top Version 6.0., PC. (XP)

We do not usual use Rules, but since we have a bit of slow time figured I needed to learn. The Tutorial shows the Rule Wizard with a folder called Fields, with several options. My Rule Wizard has an empty Fields folder. Also when going through the "CheckMonthRule", when I get to the point when I select is greater than, the pink arrow with This Month disappears and becomes an empty text box, but I do not get an empty text box on the other side of is greater than. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Fusion Pro but it stays the same. Am I missing something? Also, should the GemStone.pdf be a blank page?

I think I did some of this in 5.8 and do not recall anything missing or it doing that with the This Month disappearing.

That is as far as I got in the Rules Tutorial.

Please advise...

sincerely,

Chrissy

The Tutorial shows the Rule Wizard with a folder called Fields, with several options. My Rule Wizard has an empty Fields folder.

It sounds like you're working file is not linked to a data file. If you go to the FusionPro menu and choose Data Definition/Wizard... and click Next... twice (with default values), you should confirm that you are linked to the "InstanceData.TXT" data file found in the tutorial's folder. If you are correctly linked to this data file, the fields should display correctly in the Rule Wizard.

Also when going through the "CheckMonthRule", when I get to the point when I select is greater than, the pink arrow with This Month disappears and becomes an empty text box, but I do not get an empty text box on the other side of is greater than.

I'm guessing this is happening because you are dropping the "This Month" object into the first box as a result of not having the correct field item due to the above problem. If you use a value instead of a field in the first box, it causes an "error" when you get past the "is greater than" section since the wizard expects the user to compare a field to a value -- not a value to another value. Once you have the fields problem fixed, I suspect this issue will resolve itself.

Also, should the GemStone.pdf be a blank page?

To begin with, yes. It will pull the correct variable image as part of the rule you are having trouble setting up.

Good luck. :)

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the quick response.

I did link to instancedata.txt and my fields appeared,:) but I am still having trouble with the This Month and pink arrow disappearing. (The tutorial does not tell you which file you should be working in.):confused: I am on page 30 of the RulesSystemGuide. I have tried linking to some of the other data files but it's still not working.

Personally I'd like to have a chat with the person behind their guides. I think they need to have a "right sided" brain person (like me) on their review committee!:) It is very confusing (and needs some spell checking done):eek:!

Anywho, I am still trying to figure out the Check Month rule. I am understanding that if I have the correct data file, it should work fine.

Thank you for all your help! By the way I am loving these faces! I think they are hysterical..

Sincerely,

Chrissy

Archived