Missing Variable Text Editor

The "Variable Text Editor" is not showing up on my screen. I built the template on a dual screen but am now on a single screen. Everything else greys-out like the editor is open somewhere but I can't see it.

I need to add that I usually have the current system hooked up to a dual display. So now that I have on a single monitor I don't have a variable Text Editor - no matter which template i open or even if I create a new one. I have reinstalled FusionPro. Didn't help.

Hello Dadburne,

Are you on Mac or Windows? Also, which version of FusionPro are you running?

The issue with palettes sometimes not appearing due to them being off the screen can occur in situations where you have dual-displays or go from a higher resolution on your display to a lower one. The palette is "there", it's just off in an area that you can't currently see on the single display or lower-res.

We have an option to reset the palette positions (FusionPro -> Palettes -> "Reset All") which fixes this for a number of our palettes but doesn't seem to work for the variable text editor (from what I see in 6.0P1f on Win anyway).

If you can't get your display back to the dual-display setup easily, another option is modify the palette location/size info which is stored on your machine. This is a change to the Windows registry or a different location on the Mac. I don't typically like to put this type of info in an email or forum post as "inviting" our customers into these critical areas of their machines can be dangerous if a mistake is made. Hope you understand.

Our support team can surely talk you through this procedure, though, if your comfortable with making this system change.

Besides getting you back up and running, the palette reset function should reset this palette (and any others that it is not currently resetting). I'm entering a support case and referring it to dev to take a look at. When we do make a fix, it will be in a new version of the 6.x version of FusionPro.

Archived