Column width in Rule Editor

jshobar

Is anyone having a problem with FP not holding the column width settings in the Rule Editor (I'm having this problem with version 5.1-5.8 on a Mac). Once I close the rule editor and reopen it, the columns have all gone back to the default (and tiny) width. Does anyone have a fix?

Mark- sorry, I didn't make myself clear enough. I'm talking about the actual columns in the editor window, the place where you would make a new rule. (The one that says "Rules" has the buttons Duplicate, New, Edit, and Delete, and then the columns Name, Type, Comment). Those columns won't hold the width and it defaults to only showing the first 8 characters or so of the rule names.

Whoops - sorry bout that. Different topic entirely.

I do see this behavior with FusionPro v6 on Mac as well.

We will enter a case on this and see about addressing in an upcoming version of the software.

Thanks! I don't know about other users, but for me, it's a major hang up because it slows me down while trying to code. Seems like such a little thing, but it's the little things that can be most annoying. I believe the behavior happens in the resource editor too.

• 4 months later...

Hello,

We will be looking into enhancing these dialogs to maintain the user-set column width but unfortunately we haven't had an opportunity to perform this work as of yet.

We are currently finalizing the last remaining items in the 6.1 release and will then move on to our next release - v6.5. 6.5 will have a good number of general usability enhancements (similar to this type of issue) as well as bug fixes.

We will certainly share timing on the 6.5 release once we have a better understanding of the level of effort for this work.

Archived