Static Artwork got supressed in final output.

I just came across an issue today with Fusion Pro through Acrobat creating PDFs.

All static artwork in a 800 or so record file was fine but about in the middle of the run I got 20 records that the static artwork got supressed.

This has happened to me before but I caught it before it was printed.Which was easy to catch because it was all of the file that was missing artwork.

The difference this time was only those 20 records where missing artwork.

What I think I was doing wrong was that as I was spooling one set of records I then began another(kinda of "queing" it up as you will). But if I closed, saved, moved the working while I the data was spooling I got blank artwork and only variable data.

Although I can't remember but I did move the folder where the file spools from then realized my mistake and put it back but cannot remember if it was the this folder or not.

I figured if it was going to mess up it would mess up all of it and not just those 20 records.

Has anybody came across this? Or some kind of isolated incident?

-Tony

OK. I just tested to see if I did in fact move the file and broke the link.

As it was spooling I moved the file to another location and made note where in the record it would happen. It turned out that static artwork was appearing in the start but where I broke the link artwork was gone only variable appeared. When I corrected the link as the file spooled was artwork was back.

So it was my mistake all along.

OK. I just tested to see if I did in fact move the file and broke the link.

As it was spooling I moved the file to another location and made note where in the record it would happen. It turned out that static artwork was appearing in the start but where I broke the link artwork was gone only variable appeared. When I corrected the link as the file spooled was artwork was back.

So it was my mistake all along.

Nice to see you troubleshoot your own process. I always tried to eliminate myself as the cause before barking about the software.. MOST of the time, it is a loose nut between the keyboard and monitor...

Surprised it just didn't quit... must be some caching oddities..

Mark

Archived