Problem with variable textframe - text do not fit

Hi!

I have a problem with a text on a pricetag. I always set the variable text frame to "Adjust text to fit". It has always been working fine. But when I use it on a special font (Folio) it goes wrong.

I can use the option "Adjust text to fit" but the text is very small compared to the textframe itself when this option is active. I want it to fill out the whole textframe and still adjust the text to fit.

How can I solve this? If I turn off the text to fit function the text won't show because it's to big. I have tried to set the option "Allow text to expand to fill" without any luck. The text is still very small compared to the variable frame.

In Indesign before I export the document is it working with the big text compared to the textframe. But when I set a variable text to it in Acrobat / Fusion Pro the text is to big according to Fusion Pro.

Im running Fusion Pro 5.8

Marcusm,

Did you check the defaults in your "OnCopyfit" rule? NOt sure if you have ever modified the values, but it sounds like this might be the culprit:

-----------------------

if (!Copyfit(new MagnifyAttributes("text", 25, 400, 6, 72)))

ReportWarning("Could not copyfit text in flow " +

FusionPro.Composition.CurrentFlow.name);

----------------------

The values highlighted in blue represent the size controls: 25, 400 control the sizing percentage (25% max. reduction, with 400% max. enlargement). As a fail-safe: 6, 72 represent the min. and max. font point size.

So what you get is; if your max. enlargement gets to 400% it will not exceed 72 pt. Vice versa for the reduction to 25% the pt. size of the font but will not go smaller than 6 pt. See if adjusting these values helps with the display in the frame.

I checked the OnCopyFit rule and managed to solve the problem. Thank you for your help.

Now to another problem :)

I have pricetag with one pricetag in SEK (Sweden) and one in (ÖRE or we can call it cents).

The problem can you see on the image I added to this post.

http://forumbilder.se/images/ac200912706PM9ee0.jpg

Is there any way to set the texts heigt from it's orginal position?

See image.

Now to another problem :)

In the future, please start a new thread for each separate issue.

I have pricetag with one pricetag in SEK (Sweden) and one in (ÖRE or we can call it cents).

The problem can you see on the image I added to this post.

http://forumbilder.se/images/ac200912706PM9ee0.jpg

Is there any way to set the texts heigt from it's orginal position?

I think you just need to adjust the Superscript Ratio and Offset settings in the Global Paragraph Settings dialog. From the Variable Text Editor, click "Paragraph...", then click "Global Settings...". You may also want to refer to the section "Changing Global Paragraph Settings" in the User Guide.

Archived