The Simple Life (courtesy of FP and JS)

esmith

Perhaps I'm a simple guy who enjoys the little things, but with Dan Korn's assistance, JavaScript has just made one of my daily headaches a complete breeze.

We have a customer that places daily orders for banners that are used by franchises throughout North America. Before FP, we were setting type manually in InDesign for up to hundreds of orders per day. With FP, I was able to set up a template and link to a new daily data file and compose a new batch of records each day.

Thanks to Dan's helpful assistance with JS, I now have a template that automatically pulls in the day's data file and automatically generates an output file. All I do each morning is (literally) open the FP template file and choose Re-compose from the menu.

A colleague's original workflow took roughly half a day to complete (every day). With FusionPro and JavaScript, my workflow takes roughly 45 seconds. :D

Hey, thanks for the shout-out, both to me and the product! I have to share the credit with the fine folks in our Support department, who work very hard to help customers get the most value out of the product. The whole idea of having a computer is to automate repetitive tasks, and FusionPro is a tool that helps you do that for variable data composition. It's always nice to hear a success story! And I'm always happy to help out, especially for one of my fellow gurus! :)

Archived