Zoom in Variable Text Editor

scubajbc

In the user manual for Fusion Pro Desktop, they show being able to zoom in when using the Variable Text Editor.

Zoom.jpg.2d4f1570fd5157f97e8782b410743ae8.jpg

I am on a Mac PPC OS 10.4.11 using Fusion Pro Desktop 5.1P2b and I don't see the zoom box.

Is this currently a PC only feature, and if so, when might we see it on the Mac?

Hello,

The zoom feature in the variable text editor is indeed a Windows-only feature at the moment. The base text editor on Mac and Windows are 3rd party components we utilize and the Windows version offered this zoom capability while the Mac version did not.

Understood, tough, that this a great feature and extremely useful for very large or small text. We'll take a fresh look at this and see if there's some way we might enable this. Stay tuned.

• 6 months later...

Hi Mark, I think this feature would be huge. We need here for dealing with legal type. I am finding that the only way around this right now is to increase the size of the font and set the Leading to Auto. Once I have made the change then I have to go back in and reset the Leading and any other attributes I may have changed. In our case if we make the change and forget to back and change the settings on the other items, then our clients begin wonder why things are changing from one composition to the next. Having the zoom feature would allow us to reduce the amount of intervention with text settings that we may have made for the paragraph text.

Thanks,

Richard.

Archived