FP Desktop -> FP Direct Compose

We have FP Direct installed on it's own hardware. The working directory is configured as a network share that is user/password protected. On the General Setup tab of Fusion Pro Direct Configuration we have valid and known good credentials that should be used. With Windows explorer opened to the configured working directory while clicking the Verify account... button I can see it create a file (source-[random-numbers]) and a directory (dest-[random-numbers]), then it removes them. So it appears to be configured properly.

However, an FP Desktop that is set up to use this queue to compose jobs fails after a few minutes. The Percent Complete status bar inches up and cycles through at various parts of the process. It gets to a point "Waiting for job to be queued" and then kicks back an error "Unable to create job directory: \\server\path\to\working\folder". This is the same path as configured in FP Direct configuration. The user account on the Windows machine running FP Desktop is not the same user account that is configured in FP Direct. However, they are both members of the domain and both have read/write/execute permissions on the working directory and it's parents.

I'm inclined to think this is an issue with FP Desktop as FP Direct reports "User account and access to working direcotry verified" when "Verify account..." is clicked. The ultimate end users of this setup are mainly running Mac's with FP Desktop and are not domain authenticated. If this is indeed an issue with desktop then this could be a stopper.

Please advice and if there's any additional test I can run I'll be glad to. Thanks.

The error message comes from the FP Direct server machine. Your desktop version should be working just fine. Can you try restart the FusionPro Direct Scheduler service? You can find this under Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services.

My guess is that the user account you've specified in the FP Direct Configuration does not actually have the correct permissions for the UNC share. You can try entering this command at a DOS prompt:

cacls [noparse]"\\server\path\to\working\folder"[/noparse]

Using the name of your working directory, of course. Let me know what it says for the user account you've specified.

Archived