PPML Output: What Do I Print?

cashley

FusionPro 6.0P1e

Windows XP SP2

I am new to Fusion Pro so this is probably a stupid question, but I will ask anyway. When I composed my file, it generated a .zip file and a .msg, which is cool. My question is, what do I print? There was no PDF file in the .zip folder. I am printing to an EFI Fiery Rip on a Canon C6000.

PPML will not output a PDF file - it will output a .ppml file. What you want to do is go back to the composition menu and click on the "Output" tab. Make sure that PPML is selected from the "Output Format" dropdown if this is the format you wish to use. Then use the "Browse" menu to browse to the folder you wish to place the final output files in. Enter a name for the file and make any additional setting changes you need (for instance if you need an imposition defined make sure it has been added to the "Imposition" tab). Once all of your settings are complete click "Compose". The final composition will return a .ppml file using all of the settings you selected.

Hope that helps!

FusionPro 6.0P1e

Windows XP SP2

Thanks Lisa. I actually got that far. When I choose the PPML Output in the Composition stage, it actually create a Zip file with the PPML file in there, but how do I print that PPML file to my Canon (or EFI Fiery Rip)?

I can't open it in Acrobat, a PPML file is not supported by that program. My question, as silly as it seems is, how do I print that PPML file? What do I open it with?

Hello,

You can import the ZIP file that FusionPro outputs directly into the Fiery RIP. There's a couple ways to do this but first try this:

1) Open the Fiery Command Workstation (CWS) program on the RIP

2) In CWS, go to File -> Import -> Job

3) Browse to the ZIP file that was created by FusionPro and select it.

4) Press the "Import" button.

5) Job should be imported to the Fiery CWS.

Hope this helps.

FusionPro 6.0P1e

Windows XP SP2

Mark, Thanks that was a HUGE help. It took seconds compared to the 50+ minutes to export as a PDF.

Next question now. I assume that FusionPro rasterized my origianl artwork, which included some fairly small, is their an option in the Compose section to rasterize that file at a higher resolution to get my text to be blacker and crisper?

I printed out my template (which was exported from InDesign) and the resolution in that file appears to be correct. The text is crisp and black. So I would assume that the downsampling is occurring when I am composing.

Archived