Drop Shadow on Graphic?

KayEll

• 3 years later...

Over three years and a number of enhancements have gone on since this posting. Are there any sightings for a drop shadow on a graphic frame on the horizon?

Also as for the drop shadow being a text frame only feature, is there a way to put it on the frame itself and not the text in the frame?

Over three years and a number of enhancements have gone on since this posting. Are there any sightings for a drop shadow on a graphic frame on the horizon?

Well, first, quite frankly, most of those other enhancements over the past three years have been far more frequently requested than this one, which, other than this thread, I haven't heard much about. We are open to suggestions, although I'm not sure this user forum is the proper place to formally submit them.

In any case, no, we don't have a plan to implement drop shadows for graphics.

That said, if you place an inline graphic into a text frame, and apply a drop shadow to the frame, you'll get a drop shadow on the image, although the transparency may not be quite right.

Also as for the drop shadow being a text frame only feature, is there a way to put it on the frame itself and not the text in the frame?.

No. If you want that kind of effect, you can add that to the background PDF in InDesign or another static page layout tool, then export to FusionPro.

It would be nice to have a color option like the outlines now has. Although as mentioned, in my experience it's almost never needed. Anytime it's ever been asked for is when there is white text over a textured background and they want a black shadow. As it works right now white text gets a clear shadow. I know you can layer it twice but it's not exactly ideal.

• 3 years later...