CopyFit Font Error

Okay, this has me a bit stumped. Anyone else ever have this problem?

I have a copyfit rule in FusionPro, I am trying to copyfit a job title. The title has a "Pipe" character and space that leads it off, then the actual title. So it would look like:

| Chief Cook and Bottle washer

I don't want the pipe and space to copyfit. BUT the Pipe and space use the font Lato Bold, the title uses Lato Regular. If I leave the whole line in Lato Regular the rule works fine. If I change the font in the rule to Bold for the pipe, it fails. I have done this before with another rule and font without problems.

Below is my code. does anyone see if I have made a mistake, or do you think it is just a font problem? Suggestions?

if (Field("Title2") != "")
   return CopyfitLine('<span font="Lato Bold" pointsize="11.5">' + Field("Pipe3") + '</span>', Field("Title2"), "Lato Regular", 9, 152, 4, true);
   else
   return "";

Does it work if you remove the part you don't want to copyfit from the CopyfitLine function?

if (Field("Title2"))
 return '<span font="Lato Bold" pointsize="11.5">' + Field("Pipe3") + '</span>' + 
   CopyfitLine("", Field("Title2"), "Lato Regular", 9, 152, 4, true);
return "";

Step,

It works if I remove the font reference. The whole script works, until I put in the reference to "Lato Bold", then it stops working.

Dan,

It never produces an error. It verifys correctly with no errors in FusionPro, even with the font reference in the script. But with the font reference in the script, when I take it into Marcom or Compose out of FusionPro, the text does not CopyFit and oversets the line. If I remove the font reference it verifys, composes and works in Marcom.

If no one is seeing a problem with my code, then it has to be a font error of some kind. Since it is just a pipe character, I wonder if I switched Lato Bold out for Arial Bold or something, if it would work then.

It never produces an error. It verifys correctly with no errors in FusionPro, even with the font reference in the script. But with the font reference in the script, when I take it into Marcom or Compose out of FusionPro, the text does not CopyFit and oversets the line.

What about in the composition log (.msg) file for those compositions where it doesn't copyfit? Is there a warning message in there?

Dan,

No there was no error in the log at all.

I ended up using the same script, but swapping out Lato Bold for Adobe Garamond Bold. Everything worked as it should have.

It must be something about that font. Lato Bold is used elsewhere in the business card and it is fine. But reference it in the script and it didn't work.

I wish I had a better answer.

Dan,

No there was no error in the log at all.

I ended up using the same script, but swapping out Lato Bold for Adobe Garamond Bold. Everything worked as it should have.

It must be something about that font. Lato Bold is used elsewhere in the business card and it is fine. But reference it in the script and it didn't work.

I wish I had a better answer.

Perhaps the font is styled such that the text can't fit on to the line at all in that font at the minimum specified point size.

At any rate, there's nothing else I can do to analyze the issue without, at the very least, having the font, and preferably having a minimal sample job which demonstrates the problem.