Overflow Page Issue

I have a job that is using an overflow page that seems to running into a problem. For the record in question, it uses the overflow page but seems cut off before it finishes returning all of the data. I'm expecting the record to use the body page as well as the overflow page repeated about 3 or 4 times. What I get is the body page followed by two overflow pages with data and then the fourth page is the overflow page again but with no data on it. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug in FusionPro? Information from the composition log is listed below.

Composing record #1, input record 42
Just: Type block overflow
Text does not fit in the last frame on page 4 at (0.31, 0.81).

According to the error i believe you are having a justification error. I have seen this on one of our monthly jobs in a text box that is set to justify. You need to narrow down the problem.

If the text box is set to justify, turn off justification. If the overflows work properly with justification off then we need to find out what paragraph is causing the problem by removing some of the text that goes on page 4 or later. It could be that there is a paragraph that tries to fill the entire 4th page or needs to break to the 5th page and FP doesn't know what to do with it.

Let me know if the overflows work with justification off.

Messing around with the alignment of the text in the text frame did make a difference. In fact, the record composed with all the data when the text was aligned center, right or justified. I only get the error when it is aligned left. Unfortunately, I need the text to be aligned left. It defintely seems buggy. The error happens on both a Mac and a PC.

Hi Dana,

I just checked the thread this morning. So justification does have an effect on the problem. To narrow down this error on other jobs I started deleting text at the end until the overflows work. At that point you know where the problem is. Once you find the point where the problem occurs try entering a paragraph <p> tag in the paragraph that is causing the problems to manually break the paragraph in 2 pieces. If that works try adding the rest of the text back in.

Archived