Font not loading

S_Black

I have a project that is calling for a particular font, and though I've loaded them, the Bold font does not display.

The font referenced is "Whitney". I have deleted the font family from my PC, reinstalled them, restarted Acrobat, and I am still not able to view the font. Here is what the log message displays when composing:

Font <Whitney> bold style is not loaded, using normal style of this font family.

I have seen on another post that I may need to send my font to an ftp for analysis, but it's strange that the standard version of the font loads, but not the bold.

Any assistance or guidance would be appreciated.

Though I don't know what was wrong (and I would still like to understand why so that in future instances I can correctly fix), I was able to get the fonts working.

After deleting the fonts from PC, FusionPro\Fonts folder, and fonts.ini file, and reinstalling they still did not work.

I eventually unistalled them all again, converted from .otf to .ttf, installed the .ttf, and the fonts were recognized.

Though I don't know what was wrong (and I would still like to understand why so that in future instances I can correctly fix), I was able to get the fonts working.

I would also like to understand what is wrong with the OTF font, so that we can fix the problem. But there's no way that anyone can analyze the problem without the font files.