Custom slip sheets

earleaw

Hello all,

I have an interesting problem I've been trying to solve. Here goes nothing...

I have one .csv that has a column that is sorted into ten categories. Each category needs to be kept separate during the printing.

What I'd like to do is put a custom slip sheet into the print run that has the name of the category printed on it. For example, the first sheet would be a slip sheet saying "category A" and "category A's" records will follow. When the composition gets to "category B", a slip sheet saying "category B" will appear, followed by the records for "category B". Rinse repeat for all 10 categories.

Here is what I've tried:

I can get the following script to work fine when I DON'T impose the job:

Hello all,

Rinse repeat for all 10 categories.

Here is what I've tried:

I can get the following script to work fine when I DON'T impose the job:

I've been trying to figure this out myself. It works UNTIL I use FP Imposer, then it adds blank pages to the file... I ended up having to write single PDF's and use Preps to impose the final plot files.. Hope someone can get this figured out..

• 1 month later...

I use slipsheets in a lot of my jobs and I've found that this works quite well using an "OnRecordStart" Callback rule.

I create a separate page at the beginning of the document for each slipsheet. In the case below I'm pulling 2 sliphseets. The first "Red_Slipsheet" pulls in every time the Site changes. The second "Blue_Sliphseet" pulls in each time the Manager changes. I start the rule by turning off all of the pages within the document. Then using if statements I turn them on as needed. When you are finished with one record it starts over, turning all pages off and then turning them on again as needed.

Here is an example of the script:

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Red_Slipsheet", false);

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Blue_Slipsheet", false);

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("01", false);

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("02", false);

if (sitecode != Field("SITE_OF_ASSOCIATE_CODE"))

{

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Red_Slipsheet", true);

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Blue_Slipsheet", true);

sitecode = Field("SITE_OF_ASSOCIATE_CODE");

manager = Field("MANAGER_NAME");

}

if (manager != Field("MANAGER_NAME"))

{

}

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(Field("FORM_NUMBER"), true);

I create a separate page at the beginning of the document for each slipsheet. In the case below I'm pulling 2 sliphseets. The first "Red_Slipsheet" pulls in every time the Site changes. The second "Blue_Sliphseet" pulls in each time the Manager changes. I start the rule by turning off all of the pages within the document. Then using if statements I turn them on as needed. When you are finished with one record it starts over, turning all pages off and then turning them on again as needed.

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Red_Slipsheet", false);

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Blue_Slipsheet", false);

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("01", false);

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("02", false);

if (sitecode != Field("SITE_OF_ASSOCIATE_CODE"))

{

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Red_Slipsheet", true);

sitecode = Field("SITE_OF_ASSOCIATE_CODE");

}

if (manager != Field("MANAGER_NAME"))

{

}

Would like to see a packaged example of this. If I can ask, I see a couple of oddities in your rule above and am curious..

I see an If statement using the variable sitecode that is in the the rule and right after the SetBodyPageUsage the variable is redefined from the field data. Is this a reset of the field after the pages have been used?

This is basically the way I have tried it, and it all works fine UNTIL I used FPIMposer to create the imposition. At that point, it gets blank pages added to the final imposed file..

I will take a fresh look at this and see if I can get it to function. Basically, I am trying to use this to add a break page for mailings so the operators can easily spot where a tray break occurs.

Will try it again...

Archived