Ways to read external files, stored on disk

We are using FusionPro together with Digital Storefront. I would like to automate the production of stationery items as much as possible. Therefore, I would like to know what are the possibilites to read data from an external file. Until now, I found only the ExternalDataFile function. But, this function works on column based files as csv.

Do you also support other ways to read the contents of a file? For example, do you support the JSON (Javascript Object notation) or XML ?

(I would like to find an easy way to retrieve all possible information about a persone from a file that is stored on disk)

We are using FusionPro together with Digital Storefront. I would like to automate the production of stationery items as much as possible. Therefore, I would like to know what are the possibilites to read data from an external file. Until now, I found only the ExternalDataFile function. But, this function works on column based files as csv.

Do you also support other ways to read the contents of a file? For example, do you support the JSON (Javascript Object notation) or XML ?

(I would like to find an easy way to retrieve all possible information about a persone from a file that is stored on disk)

If by "you," you mean PTI, as in FusionPro, then No, FusionPro cannot read in JSON or arbitrary XML as data. You need to somehow dump the data to either delimited text or FusionPro's specific tagged markup input format. (You can also use ODBC on Windows, but this probably isn't supported by the DSF.)

If by "you," you mean EFI, as in the Digital StoreFront, then that would be a question for EFI. It's up to them what kinds of data their web application can take as input and then feed to FusionPro for composition.