printing a mailing barcode

jrybacki

We are using the PostNet Barcode as a rule, and everything looks great on the preview. However, when we output to the printer, it is printing only numbers, no bar code. We are using the AdvPNet font and have loaded our fonts into FusionPro. Please help. THanks.

Hello,

You did not specify whether you are encountering this issue on a Mac or PC. If on a Mac, run "Font Book" and check to see if there is a duplicate reference to the font. This is normally indicated by a bullet to the right of the font name. Click "Edit>>Resolve Duplicates". Then open FusionPro and run "Load Fonts" check to see if this issue is resolved.

Thanks for the reply. I am using a Mac. I have Suitcase loaded and have trouble getting the fonts (AdvPNet) in there. I did turn suitcase off, used Fontbook and resolved duplicates (there was a bullet as you said)... however, after reloading the fonts via Fusion Pro and composing the file, it still has numbers for the barcode. The duplicate fonts problem is gone in fontbook, but the bardcode still isn't printing right. Any other ideas?

FusionPro installs its fonts to the Library:Font folder of the Mac hard drive.

If Xtensis Suitcase has complete control regarding access to this resource, you want to ensure that all fonts are activated when invoking

FusionPro's "Load Fonts" utility. You may choose to rebuild FusionPro's font

library by doing the folllowing.

Please ensure that you have a copy of your serial number and the installer for FusionPro before proceeding.

Run the “Uninstaller” from the “Applications >Printable folder. When this completes, delete the "Printable" folder from the following locations:

Applications

Library: Preferences

Library : Application Support.

Empty from Trash.

Reinstall FusionPro.

FusionPro installs its fonts to the Library:Font folder of the Mac hard drive.

Actually, It installs its own flavor of font TO Library/Preferences/Printable/FusionPro/Fonts on my system

I wish it DID use the Mac font from the standard locations...

FusionPro copies the fonts from the "Library : Fonts" folder to its own directory structure for use in the program.

Can you use font book to check to see if there are duplicate references to the font in "All", "Computer" and "User".

Click "Edit>>Resolve Duplicates" if there is a bullet to the right of it.

Rerun "Load Fonts" and check.

Archived