Setting Up A Bulk Mail Job

wrmaher

I am new to Fusion Pro and new to forums such as this, so please bear with me. I have a docucolor 242 with a built in fiery. I am currently printing a monthly newsletter and i want to get away from using labels. The newsletter is normally imposed on an 11 x 17 and saddlestitched thru the 242's professional finisher to 8 1/2 x 11.

For the better part of the afternoon today, I have attempted to set up using Fusion Pro. I feel as though I am getting close.

Does anyone have any experience setting up jobs such as this using a configuration such as mine? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

How I setup my jobs:

Usually I set up the final "blank" artwork for any first-class or standard mail job without addresses in Quark or InDesign. I export a press-ready PDF with crops & bleeds, then I'll use FusionPro Desktop to set up the address block with my fieldnames.

Had some initial problems with the PostNet & IM barcode fonts, but now that I've got that sorted out (was using some old/bad fonts), things go smoothly.

We'll take a CSV flat file export from our mail program (BCC), link up the datafile to Acrobat/FusionPro, Preview, check it, and then hit Compose.

Then: Work on something else while FusionPro composes a 10,000 page PDF file...

good luck with your rip time on that 1000 page pdf, i've had to make pdf's like that and my canon 7000 takes a good 2 hours depending on the resolution of the pdf. Try composing into a ppml file. That will have the 1000 pages and it will rip in less than 5 minutes normally. I have been having trouble with getting ppml files to bleed past the page edge. Very frustrating.....anyway, good luck with everything.

good luck with your rip time on that 1000 page pdf, i've had to make pdf's like that and my canon 7000 takes a good 2 hours depending on the resolution of the pdf. Try composing into a ppml file. That will have the 1000 pages and it will rip in less than 5 minutes normally. I have been having trouble with getting ppml files to bleed past the page edge. Very frustrating.....anyway, good luck with everything.

Seen the PPML bleed issues as well.. I do love the ease of PDF output especially when rerunning those few that cutter whacked wrong..

PDF was becoming an issue on our HP5500 rips - (we have two 5500's and six 7000's) taking a couple of hours to rip 2500pg PDF.. We have added a Production Pro and Ultra (several rips/ipcs) and the same files rip in 5 minutes, so, it's become less of a drag..

Also have three Nexpresses, and have been experimenting on VDX vs PDF tests... so far, it's been a wash..

Let's see what 6 brings....

Archived