Tabs not working?

MikeVM

I want to create template for bus. card and need to put this line:

letter "c" should be tab centered of the position 500 (in 1/100 of inch), then ":" should be tab centered on the position 700 and then on the position 1200 tab left should be cell phone number...

I use this code:

if (Field("cell") == "")
return "";
else
return '<p tabstops="0;500,Center,,;700,Center,,;1200,Left,,;"> <t>c<t>:<t>' + Field("cell");

It looks like only first tab is working correctly, second tab ignored, third is working ok again!?

Any help?

I want to create template for bus. card and need to put this line:

letter "c" should be tab centered of the position 500 (in 1/100 of inch), then ":" should be tab centered on the position 700 and then on the position 1200 tab left should be cell phone number...

I use this code:

if (Field("cell") == "")
return "";
else
return '<p tabstops="0;500,Center,,;700,Center,,;1200,Left,,;"> <t>c<t>:<t>' + Field("cell");

It looks like only first tab is working correctly, second tab ignored, third is working ok again!?

Any help?

Aren't the tabs stops entered in 100th's of a POINT? That could account for the difference...?

M

Yes, of course! in 1/100 of a point, so it should be 5, 7 and 12 points. But still does not work...

Well, I would try with larger units for the tab stops to see if they are actually working. i.e actually inserting a tab where you want it to via your rule. I mean, 5 points a a very tiny space..less than 1/16 of an inch.. If you font size is bigger than 4 points, I don't see it working.. It's centered at 7 points.. So there would have to be at the very least 3 or 4 points in addition to the font size for it to work, no?

Actually I just double check InDesign file: first tab is .0833" (6pt),

second - .1250" (9pt), third - .1667" (12 pt)...

Fonts - Gill Sans Regular 8 pt.

Everything is OK in InDesign even with smaller tab values...

Even if I put those numbers into the rule it still not working.

Archived