1out 2up IMPOSER

hebmartin

I have a file that is 2 sided generates a 46 page pdf. How can I get imposer to impose this to be 2out 1 up ie: 2differnt letters on one sheet. I have tried every possible option when building the impo and I always get 1 up but 2 positions on the sheet and one is completely blank.

• 1 month later...

A lot depends on what size paper you are imposing on to.

I've attached a generic Impo for an 8.5 x 11 going on a 12 x 18 press sheet. see if this works for you. This give you page 1 and page 2 fronts on page one of the new doc and the backs on page two, and so on.

Let me know if this works for you.

Eric

2up 8.5 x 11.fpi

Eric thanks for your response. However, the fpi you supplied is giving me the same result. I am not using a database, I just want to use fusion pro as an imposition tool. So I am getting two forms (one up of each) the crop marks indicate that there are two pages but the result is one up on two forms.; not 2up up of the two different pdf's on the same form. I have attached the working pdf file and the fusion pro output file. Maybe this will clarify what I'm explaining.

Is there maybe a clich with FP 5.8?

thanks again for your help

andy snyder

test.pdf

testtttttt.pdf

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Sounds similar to the problem I am having. (I also am a FP newbie) I have a lanyard (type of name tag) file with name on one side and Auction number on back. I want to imposition 6 up to a page with matching backs. (78 names total). I want Imposer to do the setup for me with the one page instead of having 6 up on a page with more data files for each tag. (am I confusing?) In FP Imposer everything looks correct, but I keep ending up with one name per page. Instead of 6 up I get 1. I ended up with 154 pages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Chrissy

I am not using a database, I just want to use fusion pro as an imposition tool. So I am getting two forms (one up of each) the crop marks indicate that there are two pages but the result is one up on two forms.; not 2up up of the two different pdf's on the same form. I have attached the working pdf file and the fusion pro output file. Maybe this will clarify what I'm explaining.

andy snyder

Andy:

If you're not using a database, I assume you have a numbering rule or something to trigger Fusion to be able to use FP Imposer? If you can (and the document is not sensitive, package and zip it and email to me. I'll take a look. If it has not variable, it would seem that another imposition tool should be used.

See if attached is what you are after.. I do believe all you need to do is check duplicate in FP Imposer.. I fixed the fpi file and attached as well..

UPDATE: I can't seem to attach this ~50K file.. I will email if you send me your address..

Mark Hilger... Any idea why attachments are not working? I did have some in my area, but, even after deleting them, I cannot upload..

Mark

• 2 months later...

Were there any suggestions for this issue? I have a similar problem with Desktop 5.8 P1g on a PC.

I have 5 business cards in a multipage PDF file and want Fusionpro Imposer to place them on a sheet with crops. The picture looks OK as shown in Imposer but they compose one card to a page with crops for 5 positions (but only one card placed). There are 4 more pages composed each with one card and crops for 5 positions. I do see a message when composing that the job page size differs with the imposition page size. The sizes I entered look correct.

Any ideas?

Jon

I have 5 business cards in a multipage PDF file and want Fusionpro Imposer to place them on a sheet with crops. The picture looks OK as shown in Imposer but they compose one card to a page with crops for 5 positions (but only one card placed). There are 4 more pages composed each with one card and crops for 5 positions.

I'm going to guess that your PDF with the cards is a static PDF rather than one composed of 5 records in FP? FPImposer is not designed to be a general PDF imposition tool. It's pagination settings refer to records; not pages. For general impositions, we use Crackerjack -- a separate 3rd party plug-in for Acrobat (PDFSnake is also a good choice for the PC).

I do see a message when composing that the job page size differs with the imposition page size. The sizes I entered look correct.

I have found that if the page size extends into the 100ths place (i.e. ".6875 inches"), an error will result since FPImposer rounds while Acrobat doesn't (internally). The resulting output is unaffected.

Original Post:

I have a lanyard (type of name tag) file with name on one side and Auction number on back. I want to imposition 6 up to a page with matching backs. (78 names total). I want Imposer to do the setup for me with the one page instead of having 6 up on a page with more data files for each tag. (am I confusing?) In FP Imposer everything looks correct, but I keep ending up with one name per page. Instead of 6 up I get 1. I ended up with 154 pages.

Update:

I had already done the records before bringing into Imposer. Once I let FP do the records the imposition (and everything else) worked fine.

Sincerely,

Chrissy

• 1 month later...
Bottom line folks...Fusion Pro does NOT gang run impositions. This is pretty disappointing since gang impositions is one of the most common impositions used in printing. You will have to use a separate impo software for static jobs. We use Preps and it is wonderful. It will do anything...well, except variable data...

Archived