I NEED HELP!! Shades of Black

dave2297

Hi all

Can anyone please help me?

I have a client supplied pdf that uses a 75% black font out of CMYK (ie C-00, M-00, Y-00, K-75). I need to replicate the font color to insert variable text into the document and thought (erroneously - obviously) that I could just create a rule with <color cmyk = 00000075> + Field name to create the 75 black - WRONG!

Upon reading the documentation I saw that I had to use pairs of Hexadecimal characters, so I thought that the code would be 0000004b (4b being Hex for 75) - this resulted in a 29.41% Black.

Can someone please tell me where I'm going wrong

Thanks

Dave

I have a client supplied pdf that uses a 75% black font out of CMYK (ie C-00, M-00, Y-00, K-75). I need to replicate the font color to insert variable text into the document and thought (erroneously - obviously) that I could just create a rule with <color cmyk = 00000075> + Field name to create the 75 black - WRONG!

Upon reading the documentation I saw that I had to use pairs of Hexadecimal characters, so I thought that the code would be 0000004b (4b being Hex for 75) - this resulted in a 29.41% Black.

Can someone please tell me where I'm going wrong

If you're using the Hexadecimal values, then each channel (cyan, magenta, yellow, black) is not a percentage from 0 to 100; it's a value from 0 to 255 (FF in hex). The Tags Reference infers this with its examples of <color rgb="ff0000"> for red and <color cmyk="ff00ff00"> for Green.

So 75 percent black would be about 191, or BF in hex, and your tag should be <color cmyk=000000BF>.

Or just define the color in the Colors dialog as the previous post suggested.

Hi step/Dan

I refuse to believe that the solution is that simple and I demand that you give me a more difficult way of achieving this!!

Only joking folks, I can't believe I'm such an idiot. Thank you so much for your help

Kind regards

Dave

Archived