QR code data string

I am receiving a data file with the QR code string in a single field. The isssue is the string is broken up by paragraph returns in the field. When I assign the field, it only reads up to the paragraph break. See example. In the date file, at the end of line, there is a box with a ? in it which is a Paragraph return in excel. Any ideas how I should be able to handle it.

AHEEEHAPCIFILMCPDPAHEEEHA

BNFFFNBPMLNHBLJHAPBNFFFNB

Thanks,

John

Even though a spreadsheet application such as Excel lets you add them, embedded "returns" are not valid within a flat data file. See this post for some workarounds.

http://forums.printable.com/showpost.php?p=1190&postcount=7

Also, you should consider letting FusionPro generate the QR barcodes, instead of reading the encoded barcode data from your input file.

Ok, I'm talking with the people who generate our QR codes, Easypurl by Indros group, to see if they can help the export by having each line be in a separate field. Basically, we are trying to create QR codes based on the purls we are generating from them. I am no programmer and just use the wizard in FP to create all my rules or to drop fields. The code you were writing is way beyond my abilities. Any other ideas you might have?

Ok, I'm talking with the people who generate our QR codes, Easypurl by Indros group, to see if they can help the export by having each line be in a separate field. Basically, we are trying to create QR codes based on the purls we are generating from them. I am no programmer and just use the wizard in FP to create all my rules or to drop fields. The code you were writing is way beyond my abilities. Any other ideas you might have?

You can create the QR code from the URL yourself, without writing any code at all. From the Rules dialog, click New, scroll down to "QR Barcode Rule" and click Next, then select the data field containing the URL in the first drop-down list, and click OK twice. Then insert the "QR Barcode Rule" variable into a text frame.

Currently, I'm on FP 6.0P1e, so I'm guessing I will have to upgrade to 7?

Yes, QR barcode generation is a new feature as of FusionPro 7.0. If you upgrade, you'll have access to other 7.x features, including personalized images with FP Expression. subset finishing, and more.

How would it know to create unique QR codes based on the purls I created from EasyPurl?

You just tell it the name of the data field containing the URL.

Archived