Fusion Pro Designer 7.1P1c InDesign CS5 Plug-in control

anthony.bice

Hello All,

Can anyone provide any info. as to how to disable/enable the InDesign Plug-in for Fusion Pro 7.1?

I've got it installed in Mac OS 10.6.4 with InDesign CS5 and the plug-in control has changed in this version. All info. I can find about CS5 states that plug-ins are now managed through a new Adobe control app. called Extension Manager. The Fusion Pro plug-in does not display in my Extension Manager at all.

Any info? Am I looking in the wrong place, to control this?

Thanks. Cheers.

Open the template.indd that when open, gives the missing plugin data warning

Go to InDesign's File->Export menu, select to export to InDesign CS3 or CS4 Interchange (INX).

This will save the file to an inx file that doesn't contain any plug-in data

Reopen this inx file back into CS5, do a regular Save As to save it back to the CS5 format.

I think this will also remove other plug-in data.

Yes Alex, thanks but, this would have to done by me whenever I create/edit an indesign document after final save or done by the other party that needed to collect the file I made. I do not receive cooperation on this issue, I'm told to disable my plug-in, and have been able to with past versions.

yes sir, I can enable channels, although I haven't output anything through it yet. I just need to disable it sporadically to allow other users to be able to package indesign documents that I create/edit.

In our shop, we take the plug-in that FP installs and distribute it to all the prep machines in the department. This allows non-FP users to package files that were worked on by variable prep operators without error messages. We have confirmed (on CS4 at least) that when using the packaged files on a plug-in free machine, no errors are received requesting the plug-in.

Archived