Bogus Errors In my MSG log

Pierhouse

I have a job setup that use two InsertPicture rules to dynamically add required resources from the specified input text file.

The two rules are as follows:

InsertPictureBack:

return CreateResource(Field("Back") + ".pdf", "Graphic") ;

InsertPictureFront:

return CreateResource(Field("Front") + ".pdf", "Graphic") ;

The job runs beautifully and the finished imposed PDF is exactly what I am after however when composing a job I get the following errror in the msg log:

There is no graphic resource named "T_609664", as requested by data field "FRONT"

and

There is no graphic resource named "C_609664", as requested by data field "BACK"

I receive such errors for every record for the fields "Back" and "Front"

As I said earlier the job does work and all images are there so I don't understand why when using the InsertPicture rule the log records these such errors.

This creates a problem as I am unable to use Abort on Errors of this Type (under Advanced tab of Compose) Minor/Medium/Severe errors and stop the composition if it is unable to find a required image resource as it reads each of these above errors as a problem and stops the job.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

G :)

PS apologies for all these questions, I'm being put under alot of pressure to get this workflow up and running asap so I'm panicking a little. :confused:

when composing a job I get the following errror in the msg log:

There is no graphic resource named "T_609664", as requested by data field "FRONT"

and

There is no graphic resource named "C_609664", as requested by data field "BACK"

I receive such errors for every record for the fields "Back" and "Front"

These messages are not related to the CreateResource calls in your rules. They're coming from a field which has been marked as type Graphic. To fix this, go to the Data Fields dialog (from the menu in Acrobat, FusionPro -> Data Definition -> Input Options -> Edit Fields), and change the fields' types back to Text.

Thanks once again Dan that has sorted the issue. I'm a little confused though as I thought if the field in the data file was referencing an image (such as TestData.pdf) I should set it to the type of Graphic??

Setting the field type to Graphic means that the field value will contain the the name of a defined Graphic Resource, and that you'll use that field name directly in a graphic frame. Note that this usage means that the field value must contain the resource name, not the graphic's file name, although you can use the "Add Multiple" button in the Resources dialog to link named resources by file name.

Personally, I don't think that Graphic fields are a terribly useful feature, as the much more common case will be that the field will contain the graphic file name, a case which a simple CreateResource rule handles quite well without having to add named graphic resources. The CreateResource function doesn't care about the "types" of any fields; it's just loading a file by name, and as far as JavaScript is concerned, all field values are text. On the other hand, if you're collecting the job for remote composition (FP Web, Direct, or Server), then you'll probably be adding all the files resources anyway so that they get collected up, then the Graphic field type method may be more straightforward.

In short, there are multiple ways to place variable graphics based on a data field.

Archived