Two issues with editing rules

lance

I have a few rules that I have added to the RuleTemplates.English.js file so they are always available.

Previous to this version of FusionPro Desktop, if I wanted to use one of those rules I would open the Rules dialog box, click on 'New', and then select my rule from the list. Clicking 'Next' would open that rule in the Rule Editor, and I would click 'OK' to save the rule.

Everything still works the same, up to the point of clicking 'OK' to save the rule. When I click 'OK' now, the Rule Editor closes, but the rule is not added to my list of rules. I have to make an edit to the rule before hitting 'OK' for it to be applied. Just adding a space or a return works, but there needs to be some change or it will not save.

Somewhat related; when you are done editing a rule in the Rule Editor and click 'OK' or 'Cancel', the Rule Editor window closes, but the Rules window does not regain focus. Also, the only way to get focus back on the Rules window is to click on the title bar. Clicking anywhere else on the window does nothing.

Thanks for the feedback, Lance, and sorry for the trouble.

From which previous version of FusionPro did you update? I don't think either of these issues are new in 7.0.

I have a few rules that I have added to the RuleTemplates.English.js file so they are always available.

Previous to this version of FusionPro Desktop, if I wanted to use one of those rules I would open the Rules dialog box, click on 'New', and then select my rule from the list. Clicking 'Next' would open that rule in the Rule Editor, and I would click 'OK' to save the rule.

Everything still works the same, up to the point of clicking 'OK' to save the rule. When I click 'OK' now, the Rule Editor closes, but the rule is not added to my list of rules. I have to make an edit to the rule before hitting 'OK' for it to be applied. Just adding a space or a return works, but there needs to be some change or it will not save.

This issue goes back to FusionPro 6.2 and exists on both Windows and Mac. There will be a fix for this in an upcoming release of FusionPro 7.0. The workaround is easy; just make any change at all to the rule, even adding a space or newline anywhere, and then when you click OK the rule will be saved.

Somewhat related; when you are done editing a rule in the Rule Editor and click 'OK' or 'Cancel', the Rule Editor window closes, but the Rules window does not regain focus. Also, the only way to get focus back on the Rules window is to click on the title bar. Clicking anywhere else on the window does nothing.

This is specific to Mac. I'm pretty sure this isn't new to 7.0 either, but I'm not sure when it first appeared. We'll investigate this as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived