PDA

View Full Version : text wrap

mclisa81
February 3rd, 2010, 11:42 AM
This is not my day....

I'm having a problem with a text wrap. It seems to be adding extra leading, as you can see by the example I've attached. The correct leading is in the first paragraph. The second paragraph has extra leading when it wraps around the text frame. I've read others have this same problem and there hasn't been a fix that I've found. Is there another way around it, possibly with a javascript rule that start an indent right of 1" starting 1.5" down from the top of the text box?

rpaterick
February 3rd, 2010, 11:54 AM
How many different text resources do you have?

mclisa81
February 4th, 2010, 10:12 AM
I'll attach the collected files for better clarity. If you move the graphic frame around that has the wrap on it, the extra leading moves also within the paragraphs. Also, if the point size and leading are adjusted that affects it also.

rpaterick
February 4th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Does the "body" paragraph ever change?

You could just have the top text box be variable and your "greetings" bottom be variable. You could place your "body" paragraph in the "artwork" as a static piece and it would then have the correct "leading."

mclisa81
February 4th, 2010, 10:36 AM
The body paragraph does change. So the whole paragraph could reflow depending on much data the client wants to add. Is there a rule that could be used to say for instance after 6 lines indent on right 1 inch?

Dan Korn
February 4th, 2010, 11:44 AM
You can try turning on Legacy Leading and see if that helps (Text Editor -> Paragraph -> Global Settings -> Use legacy line leading).

mclisa81
February 4th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Dan,
I think that worked, thanks. What exactly is legacy leading. I think I used that in the past to correct a problem also.