Extra Space

calitho

I need to have a Telephone, Fax and Cell number on a business card centered on one line.

My problem is I cant get the text block to allow a extra space between the 3 variables. If I place a double space between Tel & Fax and also Fax & Cell the line will off center if no cell and/or fax is available. The line will center, but includes the extra space... making the number off centered by the number of extra spaces. I have a rule for each Tel, fax, and cell to remove label.

Please Help..

How about setting a variable to equal [nothing ("") or a field] for each (label-less) number. Then return tagged text to include tab tags between the fields to force center and right alignments for the latter two variables?

If you want records with only two numbers to skip over the center position, you could "build" your return statement via a variable that grows through a few IF statements.

If it weren't 4 PM on 12/31, I'd try to write some sample code, but since I'm the last one left in my department, I'm heading home for a 3-day weekend. I'll check back in on Monday to see how you're faring.

Archived